Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Transformation

Prior to finding fitness - I was overweight, depressed, borderline diabetic, and angry.  I was angry at myself for allowing this to happen.  I was angry at my husband for allowing me to do this.  And, I was angry at my 2 beautiful little girls for what pregnancy had done to my body.



My epic self revelation came at church on in mid-January of 2014.  I had on a pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans and they "fit" and my baby had fallen asleep in my arms.  As I stood up and walked to the front of church for communion I could feel the muffin top spilling over and there was now way for me to pull my pants up.  My husband must have noticed too because he was standing very close behind me (PDA so not his thing)!

That's when I told myself that I was going to be an example for my little girls.


Prior to my second pregnancy I had been part of a Challenge group and had some great results.  I still had the entire pack still at home as well as some Shakeology.  I cleaned my kitchen of all the CRAP!!!  I had my daughter take some before pictures, recorded my beginning measurements, and started taking it one day at a time.  It hasn't been easy.  There are days when I still struggle with pushing play and eating right.  But I still keep going.

In my first 10 weeks I lost 28 lbs and over 30 inches. To date:  I have lost nearly 60 pounds, my BMI has dropped by over 20 points, my cholesterol is down over 50 points, and I am no longer on the brink of diabetes.  I am healthier, happier, and fitter than I ever thought was possible.  It is possible, If I can do this - anyone can do it!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment